Well built and excellent sound in
Enough features for the most serious CB users
Not the cheapest but good value for what you get
A very nice radio
- Loaded with features
- Built-in SWR meter
- Built-in Roger bleep
- Loud audio on transmit
We Don't Like
- SSB can drift a little until the radio has warmed up
- Knobs feel a bit cheaper than they could be, losing the radio points for construction.
Summary: The Galaxy DX-959 is a very nice radio. It is packed with features and functions well in both receive and transmit. Reception is clear and sensitive. Transmission provides good audio that is nice, loud and clear.
If you are looking for a feature-packed CB radio that performs exceptionally well then this is the one for you.
It’s not uncommon for people to purchase mobile devices that they need or want so that they can take it along with them wherever they go. While traveling on business or going on vacation with the family from one destination to another, there are some devices on the market today that are invaluable for these times.
A mobile CB radio since can assist drivers to avoid all kinds of situations they might face on the road. Because a CB radio is not new to the general population, both adults and children alike can easily recognize them whenever they see them. So, most people know what they are, and what they are normally used for prior to shopping for a device.
To that end, before an individual makes a decision to buy a mobile CB radio, they may first want to shop around to see what is available on the market today around the globe. Fortunately, there are some devices available that stand out among the others and they are relatively easy to use for those who need them on a regular basis.
One of the more notable is the Galaxy DX-959 40 Channel AM/SSB Mobile CB Radio with Frequency Counter because this mobile device has a received a lot of good reviews from consumers who have purchased and used it for both personal and business activities. So, when reviewing this product, here are some of the basic features that people may want to investigate prior to buying it online or in any retail store.
- CB comes with scales for power output, SWR and incoming signals, modulation and a large meter display that makes it easy for the user to read.
- Users have access to a 5-digit frequency counter that has been designed with large yellow digits that makes it easy for the user to see at night, as well as during daytime hours.
- Designers have also provided a 2-digit channel display with a variable power output control to make its operation easy for users.
- Comes with a variable talkback circuit that includes an on/off switch
- Manufacturers have designed this CB radio with a SWR alert LED features and an automatic SWR circuit.
- Made with a variable dimmer control that allows each user to simply push the switch to the meter turn off
- For receiving messages, it has been designed with a 3-position tone switch and a Galaxy noise filter that reduces noise (this feature is included to help with recovering any weak SSB signals that are within certain distances).
- Allows users to talk to others at far distances, including in different states, while also holding a good signal
- Modulation features adjustments allow users to adjust their system so that the CB radio can be tuned up to strengthen the signal
- Has an early warning system incorporated in its design for those who prefer its use
- Has good looks and plenty of great features, specifically when comparing it to other units with different styles and manufacturers
- Price and performance is very good and it comes highly recommended from users who have already made their purchase and have used it.
- Easy to read and understand user manual so people can find the instructions that they need to tune, get a better signal, increase audio and other functions that make the unit easy to operate. Therefore, you do not have to worry about fumbling around, wasting time trying to figure out the best ways and methods to use it for your specific needs.
- Some users do not like the quality of the materials used since it feels cheap.
- Flimsy made knobs that detracts from its overall design
- In some situations, user can expect the frequency to drift a bit, specifically when the device is warming up after being turned on for use.
- Some users do not like the mic that has been included in this device because of its large size and its inferior-made quality,
- During transmission, the meter light will begin to dim even when it is on power
The Galaxy DX-959 40 Channel AM/SSB Mobile CB Radio with Frequency Counter has received a lot of great feedback from consumers who have already made this purchase. So, overall the feedback and recommendations for this CB radio are favorable. Most consumers gave this product great marks since it holds up well to its claims.
Also, the feedback shows that there are many more advantages and benefits to making this purchase than drawbacks, specifically, because this model has a number of excellent features that the users need and prefer.
From allowing users to talk to others in different states, to offering an easy to read and understand manual, there is a lot of great feedback from consumers that potential buyers can use to make their purchasing decision.